Connect with God, Grow Together, Serve the World
We believe that Jesus gave us three overriding principles to live our lives by:
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart
- Love your neighbour as yourself.
- Make disciples of all nations
As a church we seek to outwork these principles in our personal lives and our life together and to be a church that is empowered by Jesus to make the world a place where people experience the reality of God’s love.
What is important to us?
To welcome anybody and everybody, just like Jesus does.
To see others and issues the way Jesus might.
To meet other’s needs just as God meets our needs.
To speak truthfully to each other because we love them.
To forgive others because we have been forgiven by God.
How do we do this?
Connect with God
In our Sunday morning services (10.30 – 12.00 a.m.) we aim to hear what God wants to say to us, and to respond in informal and lively worship. And for the children, there are groups for all ages which engage them in age-appropriate ways.
During the week we encourage people to meet together in smaller groups, to help each other to grow in faith.
There are a variety of groups that meet at different times during the week in people’s homes, including a group for teenagers. Each group has its own flavour, but all will include aspects of prayer, Bible study and practical care for each other.
From time to time we also run short courses looking at specific issues of life and faith in more depth.
Please contact us if you would like to know more about joining one of these groups.
Serve the World
We serve the local community in many practical ways, including:
On the international front, we support SaltMalawi.
Partnerships with Other Churches
We work closely with the other local churches in Longwell Green, Oldland Common and Cadbury Heath. This takes many forms, including:
- – A joint Assemblies Team that works in schools in the area.
- – Annual HOPE weekend where we work together on practical community projects. In recent years this has included gardening at local primary schools, painting walls at the community centre, helping with people’s gardens, senior citizens’ cream teas, and fun events for the children.
- – Shared social events such as carol singing at local pubs.
We are linked to a wider network of churches across Bristol through the Bristol Celebration Churches Network. The Celebration churches meet together regularly to share in a time of Celebration and teaching. We meet regularly with local church leaders to plan joint events to reach this community.